Music Together Outdoors classes
Crescendo Academy of Music is now offering Music Together Outdoors classes! A new, safe way to make music as a family. Music Together online is still available, too, so you can make music with friends from far away.
How do Music Together Outdoor classes work?
- Classes will be held in parking lots. Families will be asked to park separately from the spaces where classes are held and walk to the music circle.
- A maximum of 8 families per class will bring their own blankets and/or chairs each week. Wagons and strollers are welcome.
- Families will be spaced 8 feet apart. Everyone aged 3 and over will need to be masked. Teachers will also be masked. Teachers will mark the area so everyone knows their family’s space.
- Each family must stay in their own space during class, including the children. If your child is likely to wander, please take a Zoom class instead, so your child can be free to experience the music in his/her own way. We don’t like to restrict children in Music Together because we know how important it is to wiggle and dance when the music moves you! However, in this time of Covid-19, we are making this a rule to keep everyone safe. Busy little ones will have more fun making music with you at home, where they can be free and unrestricted.
- We will not allow guests to attend outdoor classes this session. To maintain the integrity of our “music class pods” each person attending class must be listed at time of registration. While we are also disappointed, at this time we are not allowing cousins, neighbors, grandparents, etc to attend classes. If you have to miss a class, you may schedule a makeup in one of our online classes.
- Families will be asked to check in before each class using a QR code. This will assist us with contact tracing in case of a positive COVID-19 result among families or teachers. After checking in, please silence and put away phones to minimize distractions and interruptions.
- We will continue to monitor and follow state and county guidelines for Covid-19 safety protocols. All families will receive communication regarding any updates that affect our in class procedures.
- What to bring: sunscreen, a sun hat, sunglasses, drinking water, hand sanitizer for your family, a sunshade (ex: umbrella, etc) if you think you’ll need it since we will not always have shade on every part of the music circle, a family first aid kit or bandaids (parking lots can cause skinned knees) and possibly even a portable potty (restrooms will not be available). Also, bring your sense of humor and some patience as we embark on this adventure, making Music Together Outdoors!